Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pioneer Woman Recipes

I'm sure by now most of the blogging world knows who The Pioneer Woman is. Ree Drummond, aka Pioneer woman, has a fun tale to tell on how her nickname came about. I won't tell you too much because A) you either already know all about her or B) I'll spoil you from going on to her website and experiencing the fun for yourself!

If you don't know about this website/blog, you should definitely check it out. If you do, then I'd love to know what recipes you've tried and what are your favorites?

Here are a few of my recent tries and favorites from Pioneer Woman:

Oatmeal Crispies.



The first time I tasted these little wonders was at work when a co-workers wife was kind enough to bake them for us. He came in with a big bucket of them and passed them around the office. I politely declined. If I am going to "waste" the calories on something I'd much rather have it be something I've been craving or know I will really enjoy. He looked rejected. I took one, to be polite of coarse. I planned on throwing it away when nobody was looking. After a while, I took a small nibble. And then another. And then a big bite. This thing was well worth the calories! I've been craving them ever since.



I got up the courage to ask for the recipe and found out it was one a Pioneer Woman recipe. By the next weekend I had all the ingredients on hand and the recipe printed out.
The ingredients are so simple. I could swear from the taste there was butter and cream in these things. Nope. Just good ol' Crisco. And not even any spices! The variation I made had the addition of craisins and white chocolate in them. Oh. My. Gosh!



They are not the easiest things to make. They are very crumbly. However, that may be due to the size of the fresh eggs I had. My brothers chickens are laying somewhat small eggs right now, I probably should have used three instead of two.
But nonetheless they were still divine!

Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion Bleu Cheese Sauce

This is definitely for the "grown up" palate. My husband, eldest child and I found this to be really good. The two youngest ones didn't really care for it. But the sauce is separate from the steak, so it's optional.
We eat a lot of meat because we get the good homegrown stuff from my husbands parents who raise cattle, pigs and sheep. So this was a great way to change up steak night.



The corn in that picture- yeah, another Pioneer Woman recipe.



This Fresh Corn Casserole was also very yummy!

Breakfast Potatoes



These things are just like my grandma used to make! My Mr. ate three helpings of these! We ate them with a green chile omelet.



Although the omelet wasn't a Pioneer Woman recipe, I did get some ideas, tips and tricks from her about eggs and egg recipes.


Breakfast & morning sunshine!

The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever.
The name says it all. This thing is deliciously evil. The kids kept calling it brownies. Though they aren't as fudgy as brownies, but just as decadent.
This cake was so unbelievably easy and fast to make. I will be making it for pot lucks in the future.



Seriously delicious.

I also made some Meatball Sliders that everyone loved. Both camera batteries were charging. So no pictures of those though I highly recommend making them.

Buttered Rosemary Rolls.
*Sigh* These were so very good I made them twice and both times they were eaten so fast I didn't get a picture. I made them for company one night and my husband asked me to make them again for Sunday dinner. Yes, they are that good!

If you have some favorites from Pioneer Woman please share! Yes, that means all you family members who leave me messages in my email about my blog posts! It's really not that hard to leave one on here. I promise!

For those of you who haven't tried any Pioneer Woman recipes, let me know when you do!

1 comment:

  1. I really want some of those pioneer crispies and definitely some of that chocolate sheet cake!

    ReplyDelete