Monday, October 4, 2010

It's my youngest child's birthday soon. So I've been working on the birthday preparations.

She decided on a sort of cooking/baking theme. Yes, she takes after her mother!
Here are a few of the invitations I made. Please tell me they look like what they are SUPPOSED to be!

They are supposed to be aprons! At first glance, she thought they were purses.
I was horrified.
Then the eldest child walked into the room and said, "Oh, cute aprons"! Followed by the middle child and the husband agreeing they were definitely aprons.
So I think I'm good.
Hopefully!

I'll post pictures of the of the rest of the birthday prep after the party.

This week I made some more Pioneer Woman recipes. I know, you're surprised. Seriously though, she hasn't done me wrong yet!

Here are PW Meatloaf, PW roasted garlic mashed potatoes & PW escalloped cabbage.




And here we have Beer Braised Beef with onions.
(check out my new dutch oven!)

Everything, as usual, was extremely yummy!

I've also been working on some furniture projects.
I will share with you a before:


But I'm a meanie as you will have to wait a few more days till next post for the afters pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely saw aprons right off. And it sounds like it's going to be a wonderful birthday party.

    Those potatoes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete