Thursday, June 16, 2011

I've been lost in photography. I think of it almost constantly. I am seeing everything with new eyes. Suddenly, all the things I see in my everyday life have the potential to be beautiful and exciting. I find myself cocking my head sideways at things like my toothbrush, or a simple piece of barbed wire, and seeing a whole new picture manifest inside my minds' eye.

I carry my camera whenever I can, stopping along the roads on the way home from work when I can't bypass the need to photograph a certain object I may have passed by the day before. I have the bug, and I have it bad. I can't go more than two days without picking up my camera before feeling like an addict jonesin for a fix.

I still like my sewing, scrap booking, cooking, crafting and all the other things this blog was supposed to be about. I'm just in LOVE with something else right now.

So dear readers, if I still have any of you left, this is my plea for forgiveness for abandoning you for the past few months. Please don't give up on me, I will have some good things coming for you, I promise. They just may be more in the form of pictures!

Tell me, what things have you been passionate about lately? Do you have an art or craft that is holding you hostage? Or are other things in your life taking charge? Tell me what's got you excited and busy!

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell if that's parsley or dill. Both of mine are going to seed right now. Is it from your garden?

    Right now, I'm submerged in a novel revision, but I know what it's like to feel that way about photography. It sounds like you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It is dill! Great job Myrn! And yes, it is from my garden. The last little bit that I didn't whack off and use in my pickles!
    Writing can surely keep you busy! I never get beyond jotting down my "great ideas". I admire (and envy) those who have a way with words! Is this your first novel? I would love to read something of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do miss you when you're not here but I totally understand about living life and doing the things one loves to do. Right now, my life is my kids. With some school but since I'm on school break - it's all about kids. Strangely, T Rex Dad and I said today, "Our lives kind of revolve around #2s these days - whose turn it it and are there a dirty diaper involved that needs to be cleaned." (We're starting potty training in earnest with the little girl.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my third, but I didn't finish the second. I've gone through five drafts on the first (the one that has a Reyanna in it). If you're serious about reading (and giving me feedback), would you rather read fantasy or realistic fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Myna- EITHER! I love both! I'd love to be a beta for you!

    @ T Rex Mom- I remember those days too. Being a little kid mom is a different kind of work than being a big kid mom. Now that my kids are older, it gives me time for the things I've been wanting to do. But don't get me wrong, those toddler years are some of the best! So you just revel in it!

    ReplyDelete